For several years the Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce has hosted its annual banquet at the Cade Community Center. It is not a decision that is made lightly. We know that there are some people who have questions or concerns about this decision to go less than three miles across the Iberia …
For several years the Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce has hosted its annual banquet at the Cade Community Center. It is not a decision that is made lightly. We know that there are some people who have questions or concerns about this decis…
I had a dream. I don’t always dream and when I do, and remember them, I ask the Lord for an interpretation. “What are you trying to teach me, Lord?” First, I must write what I remember.
Father forgive me, I grow weary and impatient trying to do all the good I can do, often forgetting the reasons You brought me to Your sanctuary and the banqueting table of Your goodness and mercy. Each time I think I’ve learned the difference…
Without a doubt it was the aged carpenter that stirred my memories of a dear friend.
Handicapped parking is being taken for granted in the city of New Iberia. At all your major stores, people are parking in the striped area with the Police Department on site 90 percent of the time.
Father God, thank you for loving me even when I am unlovable. Thank you for unconditional love and faithfulness when I am unfaithful. You are never changing, ever loving — and disciplining us, for our own good and Your glory. What did I ever …
On 24, August 2019, myself and my partner travelled from New Orleans to New Iberia on the Greyhound Bus. We are from Australia and avid readers of James Lee Burke and wanted to see some of New Iberia.
Shortly after her January 2004 inauguration Governor Kathleen Blanco declared a statewide Solutions to Poverty Summit. As a state employee who had been a soldier in the War on Poverty for over 30 years, I was less than enthusiastic and envisi…
I couldn’t sleep past 5 a.m. this morning even though my bedtime last night approached midnight. It’s good though, I wanted to see the late summer sunrise and hear the silence in my house, and I did. There is something special about the begin…
“For now we see but a faint reflection of riddles and mysteries as though reflected in a mirror, but one day we will see face-to-face. My understanding is incomplete now, but one day I will understand everything, just as everything about me h…
Are you traveling for a Thanksgiving dinner with family or friends or staying at home for Thanksgiving?
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Reflections in the mirror
- Living in Jubliee — ‘The top four spiritual experiences of my life’ by Bette Sobel Vidrine
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT — N.I. feeding Hollywood
- ACROSS THE BAYOU — WOE IS ME!
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Jealousy can be righteous
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Remember Blanco as an authentic, loving person
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Politicians should lead people in devotion to God, not sports or politics
- Remembering a New Iberia character: Lodias J. Dugas
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: It’s not just the worst of the worst who are destined for hell
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Professional protesters choosing which laws to follow
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Another day, another lesson
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Autos, drugs, abortion claim far more lives than guns each year
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Next election will be between Americans and Marxists
- TECHE SKETCHES — Colorful analysis of a hurricane
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — What’s happening?
- LETTER TO EDITOR: If article is accurate, problem IMC board members should resign
- LETTER TO EDITOR: We need a uniform national set of internet privacy rules
- BERRY TALES — Reflections of the solar summer
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — What if — we all believed?
- ACROSS THE BAYOU — AND AWAY WE GO … OK?
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Say it again — rejoice always
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT — Evolution of a recipe
- BAYOU WORDSMITH — How do you spell ‘relief’?
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Confession of one for many
- TECHE SKETCHES — Games exercise the brain with recollections
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Becoming me, is it enough?
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Time for a change, and for someone to take charge
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Opposition antics continue with Bayou Bridge oil pipeline
- BERRY TALES — Languishing summer muse
- COFFEE TALK WITH GOD — Reading is a requirement