If this is an indication of how 2021 is going to be I’m in trouble. On New Year’s Eve I took to the bed at 9 o’clock. The only celebration I participated in was the distant sound of the Bayards’ fireworks that sounded like the Civil War Encampment at The Shadows.
Darn it! Things seem to be returning back to an inkling, at least, of “normal,” whatever that might be?
A few weeks ago two local outdoorsmen were talking about one of their favorite subjects, bass fishing, and the talk steered to green energy, or green power, being pushed by so many people in this country.
If this is an indication of how 2021 is going to be I’m in trouble. On New Year’s Eve I took to the bed at 9 o’clock. The only celebration I participated in was the distant sound of the Bayards’ fireworks that sounded like the Civil War Encam…
With the boil water advisories from last week’s winter blast being downgraded, we can be thankful for the almost balmy weather we are enjoying this week. Those same boil water advisories, however, may be credited for a hot beverage that was u…
Pardon me, but I do not agree with some opinions of Trump not doing anything about the fraud election. I understand the tendency to give up. However, I have a good feeling he is strategically playing this out behind the scenes. He has a hellu…
For many of us the worst response we can receive in the midst of our pain is being ignored. For a multitude of reasons, the idea of being rejected or having our deepest feelings disregarded only adds to the weight of the burdens we are carrying.
It was great to see two Louisiana bass pros in second- and third-place battling it out with the best in the business on the penultimate day of the AFTCO Bassmaster Elite tournament Feb. 13 on the St. Johns River out of Palatka, Florida.
The weathermen and women spared no words in warning, predicting and reporting on the “historic Arctic cold” that was headed our way this month.
In the early morning hours of February 18th, I watched the house fire at126 W. Saint Peter St. with a mixture of relief, sadness and admiration. I was relieved that all of the occupants and their pets had safely evacuated the house. I was sad…
By now, every talking head has (over) analyzed the ‘trial’ to death, so my concluding that the DEMOCRATS won is probably old news.You can lose the BATTLE and WIN the war. The Republicans got out-foxed again; WHO enters a battle guaranteed to …
Are you traveling for a Thanksgiving dinner with family or friends or staying at home for Thanksgiving?
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Apologies for not communicating clearly; There is hope if electorate awakens soon
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Biden should support cultured-meat industry if he’s serious about addressing climate change
- FOR THE MOST PARTSCH: Napier makes Cajuns a destination for recruits
- TECHE SKETCHES: Anatomy of an autobiography
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Today’s ‘Floundering Fathers’ have zero respect for gifts bestowed on them
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Remember the old saying ‘Just say no’? How about ‘Just stop it’?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: It’s more than high time that judges are held accountable for their inactions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop the wasteful witch hunt and do the job you were elected to do
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Do your job, Attorneys General: Arrest Biden & Harris! Now!
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disch-Declouet Social Service Center thankful for Help the Helpers donations
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Anyone not living under a rock could have seen Biden’s actions coming
- BERRY TALES: A valentine to all of you, and to this town
- OVERTIME OUTDOORS: Sumrall, in newly wrapped boat, truck, arrives in Florida for Elite Series opener
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Recent events saw everyday ‘Joes’ turning the tables on hedge fund elites
- Landry’s ‘ferocious’ defense of constitution stops at his office door
- LETTER TO EDITOR: As we witness the collapse of America, it’s gonna get ugly — real ugly
- OVERTIME OUTDOORS: Back-to-back big tournaments set for bass anglers: Legends, LBC Open
- ACROSS THE BAYOU: There’s an art to killing time
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Statue of Burke would be tribute to author, tourism his works inspired
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Experience in getting coronavirus vaccine at Super One was SUPER
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Hypocrites who want to end death penalty are zealots for abortion
- Recent actions show Biden Administration does not fully grasp critical role oil & natural gas play in our day-to-day lives
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Joe, I really do not enjoy being fooled, and neither do the American people
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Civilized societies do not murder their children — Democrats do
- LETTER TO EDITOR: How is president’s executive order going to be fair to female athletes?
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Parish libraries are important but should be run better than they are now
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Celebrating an unconventional Mardi Gras
- OVERTIME OUTDOORS: Sharing, caring: Hunters for the Hungry program helps community
- LETTER TO EDITOR: America needs more leaders like Louisiana Attorney General Landry
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Were riot at Guatemalan border, Iran aggressions spurred by Trump?