Liz Smith is a thirty something Lafayette resident who is completely obsessed with food and travel. This self-taught cook and baker is always putting her own new spin on old recipes. She created her blog the Vintage Fork as a way to share her recipes and travels with others. You can follow along at thevintageforkblog.com or on Instagram at @thevintagefork.
• One large sweet potato, skin removed & cubed
• 1 can low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 1 jalapeno, seeds removed & diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3-4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp cumin
• ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
• 8 tortillas
• Sour Cream
Step-By- Step Instructions
• Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add onions, jalapenos and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent (3-5 minutes) Remove from skillet add 2 tsp olive oil to skillet along with sweet potatoes & seasoning. Cook until potatoes are fork tender (approx. 20 minutes).
• Once sweet potatoes are tender, add black beans and onion mixture to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for a couple of minutes until black beans are warmed.
• Warm tortillas over open flame (or in microwave). Assemble tacos with your favorite topping and enjoy!