i'M A PARENT OF 4 KIDS AN I'M LOOKIN FOR A SUMMER CAMP THATS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE TO GO TOO. I have contact the Iberia Parish City Park and they summer programs is just too expensive for me to afford and the kids went to Boys and Girls but they were ok but the kids were unhappy because they could never go on a field trip b/c by the time i pick them up the other parents would have paid for the field trips an the same kids would be able to go all the time. I'm at a lose to where I can a send my kids I work and I really wish the camps could be a lil less expensive . The City Park prices is just unreal when u have more than one child at $60.00 per child per week I just can't afford it.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Post a comment

Anonymous
Anonymous

To Lost in New Iberia,On May 5th you stated that Mr. Tony Migues was contacted and the cost for 4 campers would be $120 per week. Okay, Let's Make A Deal. I'm willing and able to pay for one of your siblings. If, that would help you out don't hesitate to contact me at 369-2394 Wk or home 367-7245.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I can tell you this much unless your kids are students at NLE the principal will not accept them at summer care.

Anonymous
Anonymous

You may want to check out the summer camps being offered at Catholic High this summer,ie; Football-Baseball-Basketball-Dance Team-Cheerleading and many more. Go to CHS web site, under Summer Camps. My grandkids have attended some of these and they loved it. Give it try.

Anonymous
Anonymous

FYI the free summer camp that KLFY talked about is for 7th and 8th graders and highschool kids =( It does not help me either!

Anonymous
Anonymous

To Whom It May Concern:The person who responded on May 16 and commented why I'm so defensive well, no hard feelings I'm only writing TRUE facts FYI. Check out the other camps that someone suggested.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Check channel 10, KLFY, I saw this morning there is a summer camp free, call the station or on line at the shierffs' office in Lafayette. Good luck, have a nice summer.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Seriously, $60 a wk/child is a steal! New Height is $75 a wk/child, Willow Wood is $75 a wk/child. Sugar N Spice is $125 a wk/child, St. Edward is $75 a wk/child. I have two girls and it ended up paying $175/ wk, for 2 girls plus snacks and lunch at New Heights last year. I work in Broussard so my only option is Sugar N Spice this summer. The only other option I have is to quit working and stay home with my children, but lose my job in the process.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I don't think anyone said anything negative about the camp. Why are you so defensive? Is there a problem? The question was about COST!

Anonymous
Anonymous

I understand your concern, but you are NOT going to find cheaper than $30 a week. That's $6 a day per child!!! That's crazy cheap. Good luck. Hope you find something you can afford and that your children will enjoy. By the way, St Edward School has a camp for any students. It's not cheaper than $30 a week though. It's a good camp though. My daughter loves it!

Anonymous
Anonymous

To all the others thanks to everyone, I will check out the other camps you all have informed me on. I do appreciated all the information I am being informed on but know it's not my intention to put down any camps they have around I'm just lookn for a place I can bring my kids that they will be watched an they are able to enjoy their summer. Pease understand I'm not tryn to get anything free but I don't want to spend my saving all on camps. Thanks again everyone!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

I would like to say i'm not sayin anything about City Park Camps at all but what I am say is the cost is still too expensive I have spoken to Mr. Tony lately an he said the discount price for more than one kid is $30 a child but I have 4 kids an it still high to have to pay $120.oo a week for my kids to go to camp. My oldest went ot camp there one year an believe me it's not bad but understand at these times $120.00 is very steep for me. Ms. Barideaux

Anonymous
Anonymous

Here is a quote from the rules of this Forum: "...nor will text message like abbreviations be accepted..." So much for rules.

Anonymous
Anonymous

My kids loved NLE summer camp last year which was held at Dodson b/c of the construction of NLE. Although, the ladies don't interact with the kids, there are enough activities to keep them busy. My daughter was 3, turning 4 and they allowed her a spot for her daily naps. Never once did she nor my 11 yr complain about camp. I did not send them daily (b/c I had that option) but they went often. $11/day per child plus bag lunch. Fieldtrips are extra! Better than keeping them home in front of the tv!

Anonymous
Anonymous

The camp at City Park is not expensive at all. The campers arrive at 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Mon-Fri. Breakfast and Lunch is provided. Every Fri. the campers have a field trip which is an additional cost. If a parent has more than one child there is a discount the only thing you have to do is contact Mr. Tony Migues, and if you have a medical card, or receive assistance from the state you may inquire about that also. Before posting negative things about City Park Summer Camp do your research first

Anonymous
Anonymous

You can try New Heights Gym. I believe that they still have a summer camp. I don't remember the cost but I know that it was not that expensive.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Where did you actually call? There's no such thing as "Iberia Parish City Park". They have camps at New Iberia City Park, West End Park (which is usually cheaper), and the Iberia Parish Park at Willow Wood. I hate to sound negative, but North Lewis' daycare is bad. You really need to go by as a visitor after school (when they don't think you're checking out the program) and see for yourself. All they do is sit, not interacting with the kids, and then YELL, YELL, YELL ! I don't think that's what you want for your kids.

Anonymous
Anonymous

NLE's daycare was $22 a day for 2 kids last year. The cost of lunches, activity days, and field trips is not included in the $22. Also, there is a registration fee to consider.

Anonymous
Anonymous

To Lost In New IberiaIf you can't afford the parish's summer camp you might look into the cost at church sponsored summer camp. Sometimes they have a very small charge. Some have no charge.P.S. please don't let blasphemous know you're thinking about a church summer camp. He/she has a problem with any religion.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I send two of mine to North Lewis Elementary Summer Care, Its From 630 to 6. Im not exactly sure how much it is because they skipped last year. They do field trips and fun days with them as well. Very friendly and laid back people! My kids were always happy..so maybe check into that. I knew about it from a friend of mine, so i just went one day after school, and asked about it, and the lady gave me all the information.