True story: a friend of mine was traveling down a 2-lane road in Iberia Parish. The 2-lane road had the normal yellow-dashed line; it did not have the "no passing" single yellow line on either side. He puts on his left turn signal and proceeds to turn left in his own driveway; there was no oncoming traffic. A speeding vehicle behind him could not stop in time and, obviously, completely ripps the entire side of my friend's (driver's side) car. Seems as though the speeding vehicle tried to go around my friend's car by passing him.

So who gets the ticket and fine? My friend does. The police officer said he should have gotten on the shoulder of the road and allowed the gentleman (vehicle) to pass before he turned. Hummmm, what if there is no shoulder? Just sounds stupid to me.

Welcome to the discussion.
Please Note:
  • Comments are not verified for accuracy, nor are the identities of users verified, so consider this as you weigh statements or opinions offered.
  • Comments will not be posted if they don't show a reasonable attempt to follow basic rules of grammar and punctuation. Text message type abbreviations should be avoided.
  • Comments should be civil. You can say someone's ideas are stupid but not say another poster is stupid.
  • Comments are reviewed prior to posting by the editors of The Daily Iberian. If you have questions, email news@daily-iberian.com.
  • Set up a user name and permanent commenting screen name or post a comment using the guest feature For either you will be asked to provide an email address but note, there is no verification.