default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Romney the Moderate is Back

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 8:24 am | Updated: 5:48 am, Mon Oct 8, 2012.

A few months ago, I made a few posts here explaining how Romney's actual philosophies about governance were at odds with the way he was campaigning due to the extremist right wing nature of the Republican party. I warned that if he continued pandering to the radicals in the party, it would cost him the election. Before the debate, that pandering had him trailing Obama by a wide margin, despite what the heads in the sand were mumbling about "oversampling". Romney soundly beat Obama in the debate and could possibly be looking at a 180 turnaround. (No one, the media, the pundits, forum posters, can possibly know anything about the impact on the election until the 11th or 12th.) How did he do it? He abandoned those radical right wingers and is now back to being a moderate. Call it a flip flop, call it an etch-a-sketch moment, it's what needed to be done to win. Of course Romney will do anything to win. That's the whole point.

• Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

5 comments:

• Anonymous posted at 8:42 pm on Tue, Oct 9, 2012.

Anonymous Posts: 128083

It's just one of Romneys bi-polar moments. Old prejudice people often have many personalities.
    Just like when he flip flops. It's just because his mind is slipping, and he doesn't remember what Rush told him to say.

• Anonymous posted at 5:11 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Realist

So why bother to vote if the party's are only in it to sabatoge each other, at the people's expense?
    No real reason to have a government, that only wants to fight with each other.
    The Repubs act like a bunch of pre school kids. "Can't have it my way, then I don't want to play".
    A failed system.

• Anonymous posted at 2:33 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Give Romney time. Once the neocons realize that he turned on them he will be forced to pivot back to the far right. Its amusing watching the Romney Gymnastics and the right wing pundits attempts to support him.

• Realist posted at 12:47 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Realist Posts: 1155

"WHY wasn't the Republicans TOP PRIORITY, for the past 2 years, to help get this country back on track?"

Because that would assure Obama's re-election. The Republicans have sabotaged the country in order to regain power. It's simple politics. When the opposition is in charge, you want the nation to fail. When you're in charge, that kind of talk is treason.

• Anonymous posted at 9:58 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Let's don't forget...... The Republicans, for the past 2 years, made it their TOP PRIORITY, to deny Barack Obama a second term.
    They say so in the first 7 seconds of this video http://tinyurl.com/8tnnncv and they smile and are proud of it. Our TOP PRIORITY for the next 2 years is, to deny Barack Obama a second term. You let that soak in a minute. You think about that when you sit down and pay your bills. You think about that when you pull up to the gas pump. You think about that when you go get groceries.

Answer this: WHY wasn't the Republicans TOP PRIORITY, for the past 2 years, to help get this country back on track? For the past 2 years the Republicans have not lifted a finger to do a thing in DC. Nothing. So we should put Repubs in charge, and have the Dem's refuse to work?

Recent comments

Posted 19 hours ago by ET.

article: Who are you voting for in the sheriff's…

During the Sheriff Errol Romero Administration, I experienced two thefts on my property. On one theft, they didn't bother to send…

More...

Posted 21 hours ago by Billy-Boy.

article: Who are you voting for in the sheriff's…

lon e B, Ackal is neither honest or hardworking, he is never in his office and he lies just like the rug at the front door. Robe…

More...

Facebook Fans