default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Phil Haney story makes front page but not web page?

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:00 am

Where's the story

I read yesterday's front page story about D.A. Phil Haney but I didn't see it on The Daily Iberian's website.  If it's worthy of the front page then why not the website?

• Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

18 comments:

• Anonymous posted at 6:04 am on Wed, May 13, 2009.

Anonymous Posts: 130823

Sorry, but I will not print the names of people I know of that was on the take because of legal ramifications. Like I said, it is sad this did not continue to be investigated. Will, took this hit alone and that is a really sad situation. I am not a fan of Will but I do believe in right and wrong. I guess Phil Haney was only out to get Will and did not care about others that were doing the same things he did. That's our judicial system-in-this-parish-and-until-we-are-rid-of-Phil-Haney-this-will-continuei

• Anonymous posted at 5:31 am on Sat, May 9, 2009.

Please enlighten us?

• Anonymous posted at 7:48 am on Fri, May 8, 2009.

Dawg,The sad thing is Will took the rap all alone. The investigations should have continued and then people could have seen which parish council members were also on the take filling their pockets also. Instead after Will they decided to sweep all the others under the rug. I guess it would have been just too shocking to see how many other parish council members had their hands in the cookie jar. The truth will never be know now and we the people should be entitled to know. Too many up Phil's rear.

• Anonymous posted at 3:42 am on Thu, May 7, 2009.

Hey "Ted" , like I asked you in another post , why are you using my moniker? Can't you come up with on on your own? Come on man , !!

• Anonymous posted at 3:31 am on Wed, May 6, 2009.

The puppy chow is still on sale.LOL

• Anonymous posted at 4:12 pm on Mon, May 4, 2009.

Dawg; you're an embarrasment to mankind. You think Will doesn't have better things to do now that's he's out of office?? Your accusations are misdirected. The website firephilhaney.com was sponsored by a certain attorney who was defeated in the last election. It is co-sponsored by the father of another attorney whom Phil didn't endorse. Get your facts straight before you throw stones. If you need more information on this website call me at 18003825968 and I will be happy to answer your concerns.

• Anonymous posted at 9:48 am on Mon, May 4, 2009.

I can honestly say I do not think that this was done to "help" Phil. Mr. Chapman is the one who put numerous articles in the paper about the fixing of traffic tickets by the D.A.'s office. I highly doubt he censored it as a favor to Phil. PS, it was on the website if it was on the cover... on the homepage there is a pdf version of the front page every day. It is located at the top right hand corner of the home page. :)

• Anonymous posted at 4:20 am on Mon, May 4, 2009.

Tedyour a funny fellow. go sit with Will in Jail and enjoy each others company

• Anonymous posted at 2:30 am on Mon, May 4, 2009.

Here's what the website says about Eric Duplantis:"Phil Haney as the legal advisor for Iberia Parish knew that a written contract and council approval was needed to hire a lawyer on the controversial mosquito control case, however, he allowed his now assistant district attorney (Eric Duplantis) to do the work without a written contract."

• Anonymous posted at 9:12 am on Sun, May 3, 2009.

Hey Dawg the puppy chow is on sale. Eat with the puppies and leave the big dogs alone.

• Anonymous posted at 3:38 am on Thu, Apr 30, 2009.

poor poor Will Langlinais, he got his hand caught in the cookie jar and now he wants to drag others with him. get over it Will you embarrased Iberia Parish.

• Anonymous posted at 2:09 am on Wed, Apr 29, 2009.

If you have questions about the allegations, just call Phil. He will return your call and answer your questions. 369-4420 The allegations are stupid. For example: The DA that was paid, Eric Duplantis, was paid to do contract work BEFORE he became a DA. He did such a good job Phil then hired him, and he became a salaried employee.

• Anonymous posted at 2:06 am on Wed, Apr 29, 2009.

Duh, you are wasting your good sense on this bunch. They see a boogie man under every tree.

• Anonymous posted at 11:43 am on Tue, Apr 28, 2009.

You said what Haney? Nothing was wrong with your assistants doing work with the parish? How is that not a conflict of interest since the d.a. already represents the parish? If they were working full time for the d.a. when did they assistants have time to do work for the parish?

• Anonymous posted at 11:39 am on Tue, Apr 28, 2009.

I've never seen a front page article about an elected official that wasn't on TDI's website. Especially an article about a politician being corrupt. How many times did you read the Will Langlinais artices in the paper and on TDI's website.

• Anonymous posted at 9:19 am on Tue, Apr 28, 2009.

Pay for a subscription to the website, that's where the DI is going with this. In these times, it's hard for newspapers to stay afloat due to the influx of web users, why pay for something when you can get it free? The DI has just caught on to the rest of the world. They'll give you enough to wet your tongue, leaving you no other means to either buy a paper, subscription or a website subscription.

• Anonymous posted at 9:07 am on Tue, Apr 28, 2009.

I read the article and Haney said the attorney general and legislative auditor have known about his golf tournament since they were in town to investigate Langlinais. They were in a position 2 1/2 years ago to conduct an investigation he said.Don't insult my intelligence Phil Haney! Why would you be investigated if they were investigating Langlinais? You brought the investigation against Langlinais so you know very well that they wouldn't be looking at you. You must think we're stupid.

• Anonymous posted at 7:32 am on Tue, Apr 28, 2009.

They only put a fraction of the paper (if that) on the web because they want us to continue paying for our newspaper. This way if you want to know ALL thats going on you have to spend money to get it.

Recent comments

Posted 11 hours ago by Anonymous.

article: MORE RV ERROR NEWS

10:24 That is a great idea. Save the cost of an election, cut down on theoverpaid salary for the dead head Parish president pos…

More...

Posted 12 hours ago by Anonymous.

article: Who will be the first to drop out?

A TRUE Christian would NEVER support the Democrat party, but since the majority of DemocRATS are HYPOCRITES it becomes easy to un…

More...

Facebook Fans