default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Done with Romney!

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 10:53 am

I supported your comments about the 47%. I called them lazy and free loaders. I argued with my friends. They called me worse. And now you apologize!!! You apologize!!! Im done with you. Im writing in Rick Santorum or voting Gary Johnson!!!

• Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

45 comments:

• Tomtom posted at 9:12 am on Mon, Oct 15, 2012.

Tomtom Posts: 2446

10:29, my comment was sent to the DI before the one below mine was posted.

My limited research of Gaffney shows:

In 1988, Holson, under the guidance of Bain, opened a factory in Gaffney, SC, thereby creating 150 new jobs. Four years later that factory was closed because the newly created Holson Burnes Group was losing money and most of the jobs in Gaffney were lost. Some jobs went up north and some went overseas. Not sure if people from Gaffney were transferred with the jobs but it’s probably safe to say they were not.

A few months after the Gaffney closing, financial documents revealed that Holson Burnes outsourced the productions of about 75 percent its manufactures. Outsourcing in this case can only be assumed to be to Asian countries since Holson Burnes operates a number of plants in the Far East.

Thanks for the info.

• Anonymous posted at 10:29 am on Sat, Oct 13, 2012.

Anonymous Posts: 130814

Tomtom posted at 2:59 pm on Thu, Oct 11, 2012
    Are you blind too? Read the post below yours.

Here

http://tinyurl.com/8wjca5v

download the pdf file that explains it all.

• Anonymous posted at 8:41 pm on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

Poster @ 3:13

Very well said....amen...

Poster @ 1:20

You're putting all your eggs in one basket why are you relying on the gov., are you lazy too? You're not the only one paying taxes stop barking "Bart"

-Anoy.

• Anonymous posted at 8:36 pm on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

Poster @ 10:07 thank you he is "WEAK" trust me.

-1vote..

• Tomtom posted at 2:59 pm on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

10:27, no one has answered my question, so maybe you can.

Tell me what jobs Romney has sent to a foreign country?

• Anonymous posted at 12:08 pm on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

TO: Tomtom posted at 10:06

Voters in South Carolina deserve to know about the millions Romney and his
    partners made off closing down the 114,000-square-foot Holson Burnes factory in Gaffney,
    where workers made photo albums and picture frames. Just four years after the factory opened,
    Bain fired 150 workers and shipped some of the operation overseas. According to the Associated
    Press, Bain more than doubled the return on the original investment while “workers were left
    jobless just as the local economy began to slump.”

Warren Buffett said that while businesses shouldn’t hang on to people they don’t need, “I don’t like what
    private-equity firms do in terms of taking out every dime they can and leveraging [companies]
    up so that they really aren't equipped, in some cases, for the future.” Voters need to understand
    the kind of economy Mitt Romney’s experience entails – and it doesn’t sound like the kind of
    economy that’s built to last.
    http://tinyurl.com/8wjca5v

• Anonymous posted at 10:27 am on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

"When a local pizza shop hires a painter to paint his store he has outsourced that job instead of doing it inhouse."

Difference is outsourcing to a foreign country, as opposed to outsourcing to a local contractor.

• Anonymous posted at 10:07 am on Thu, Oct 11, 2012.

Mitt Romney is a coward that cant stand up for what he said. Wake up. I did.

• Anonymous posted at 7:34 pm on Wed, Oct 10, 2012.

To Anonymous posted at 2:38 pm on Wed, Oct 10, 2012.
    "just vote for Obama because those other guys do not have a chance"

That is just lame. I'll vote for the qualified. It's a matter of principle. This isn't a high school football game.

• Anonymous posted at 2:38 pm on Wed, Oct 10, 2012.

just vote for Obama because those other guys do not have a chance and it will just take Romney's votes away, but it doesn't matter anyway Louisiana will vote republican

• Tomtom posted at 10:06 am on Wed, Oct 10, 2012.

Most of Obama’s campaign ads are careful to use the term outsourcing as opposed to shipping jobs overseas. They have been effective at making outsourcing a dirty word even though every company in the US outsources jobs.

When a local pizza shop hires a painter to paint his store he has outsourced that job instead of doing it inhouse.

It’s also true that Bain Capital created jobs overseas just like Toyota created jobs in Tennessee.

8:33, can you help me out here? Can you give me the name of a company Romney shut down here and reopened offshore? Can you give me a manufacturing company that Romney close and started buying the same items from an overseas company? And if you can, please tell me why that wasn’t a good business decision from a man whose job was to maximize profits?

• Anonymous posted at 8:33 pm on Tue, Oct 9, 2012.

Anonymous posted at 1:20 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.
    Get Romney to stop outsourcing jobs, and the 20 million out of work, can work.
    The man has put more people out of work, than he will ever put to work. People like Romney helped put this country where it is today.

• Tomtom posted at 12:57 pm on Tue, Oct 9, 2012.

Motion of no confidence had no relevance in the US, and even less relevance for an election.

• Anonymous posted at 4:59 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Realist 12:48

I have wondered that too. Voting for Romney, when you know he's going to lose. I guess you should know.
    All third party voters are sending the message that we do not like the way Repubs and Dems keep messing up the country. You guys are the real losers. You keep going back to the same failed policy's.
    Even a child learns to stop putting penny's in the electric outlet after doing it a couple times.

• Anonymous posted at 3:13 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

1:20. Give us the breakdown of the 47%. I suspect that you really have no idea who is a part of that number. You reek of neocon ignorance. Even "snake oil Romney' had enough sense to walk back his statement.

• Anonymous posted at 1:20 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Noting will change until they make every american work and pay taxes. That's right 47% don't pay taxes and makes the middle class have to work harder. Until THE GOVERNMENT WAKES UP and realizes welfare only enables people to be lazy - it doesn't matter who you put in office will change. But at least I will only let that one person serve 1 term and not be able to retire on my money by doing nothing in office on the 2nd term!!!!!!!!!!

• Realist posted at 12:48 pm on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Realist Posts: 1155

"Voting for someone you know is going to lose means you’re willing to accept the status quo. So why bother to vote?"

Google "Motion of no confidence"

• Anonymous posted at 11:52 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Poster. Romney just isnt that in to you :) Or the truth. Or America. Or Christianity.

• Anonymous posted at 10:55 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Anonymous posted at 7:03 am on Sun, Oct 7, 2012

There are four third party candidates. They will all pull votes from the big two. And someday the people will wake up and realize that the two party system is a failure, and give new thought and new ideas a chance.
    If you are thinking that Romney is this countries answer to all of your prayers, you need to wake up. It doesn't matter if it is Obama or Romney, nothing is going to magically change and all of our problems be solved. Just look back at the last 16 years. You get a couple good years, and a couple bad years, a couple good years, and a couple bad years. We live in a 2 party dictatorship. Like it or not. Suppressing new thought is ignorance. Replacing bad with bad is stupidity.

• Anonymous posted at 10:44 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Tomtom posted at 8:59 am on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

That's my way of saying that the 2 party system is a failure. The country is stagnate. There is no difference in Dems and Repubs. We actually live in a 2 party dictatorship.
    You are looking for a drastic change from this election. I hate to tell you this, but it's not going to happen, no matter if Romney does get in. The Repubs wouldn't work with Obama on anything, and the Dems aren't going to work with Romney on anything. Neither Party is fixing the problems of this country. Raise taxes here, cut taxes there, doesn't fix anything. There are four 3rd party candidates. We deserve to hear new ideas. The two parties do the same failed things over and over.
    You question my patriotism? Where is it written that the Dems and Repubs should rule all? Nowhere.

• Anonymous posted at 10:18 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Its hilarious when neocon nutcases realize they have been had by a lying, smiling, smug used car salesman. Romney. “And now you apologize!!!” Do you expect anything more from someone who is a pathological liar? You got what you deserved for supporting someone who wont support you. Conservative sheep.

Obama / Biden 2012

• Anonymous posted at 9:42 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Anonymous posted at 3:40 pm on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

In time......
    People will wake up and see that the Dems and Repubs are the same. There is no difference between the two parties. The only thing that changes at election time is the players. Almost like a 2 party dictatorship.
    3 Debate sponsors dropped support for the debates, because of the exclusion off all party candidates.
    We grow a little more every year, as people get fed up with the same old stuff every four years from the big two. Until then, we will continue to pull votes from the big two party dictatorship.

• Tomtom posted at 8:35 am on Mon, Oct 8, 2012.

Voting for someone you know is going to lose means you’re willing to accept the status quo. So why bother to vote?

• Anonymous posted at 7:06 pm on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

Poster where do you fit in @ the 47%. I will be so happy as many others when this election is over so some of you folks hopefully will move on and find something else to talk about and do with your precious time. Life is short.

Poster @ 10:07

Very well said, AMEN...

-1vote

• Anonymous posted at 5:28 pm on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

TO: catchme posted at 3:43 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

There Is No Libertarian Case For Mitt Romney

"The one thing that the Romney supporters I’ve talked to, as civilly as possible of course, have been unable to provide me with is a reason to vote for Mitt Romney.When I ask for such a reason, the response usually boils down to some variation of “Barack Obama is a bad man.” Okay, let’s say I accept that, the fact is that Mitt Romney isn’t the only not-Obama on the ballot here in Louisiana, and Gary Johnson is far more allied with my values and beliefs than Romney is. So, why should I vote for Romney?" For me, I have yet to hear a persuasive case for any Libertarian to support Mitt Romney, which is why I will be voting for Gary Johnson.

Full Article: http://tinyurl.com/9qq4n3q

• Anonymous posted at 3:40 pm on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

If the Libertarian party is so strong why CANT they take over one of the other parties? You know the answer.

-Jimmy

• Anonymous posted at 9:50 am on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

Something that needs to be said is the two party system we have today is failing. There is really no big differences in the way Republicans and Democrats do things. The one thing they do very well is make sure no other party gets a shot at the white house.

Do you know of:
    Gary Johnson: Libertarian: Two terms as governor of New Mexico, Previously sought GOP nomination.
    Jill Stein: Green Party: Massachusetts physician, Ran against Romney in 2002 for governor.
    Virgil Goode: Constitution Party: Former Virginia congressman, Conservative.
    Rocky Anderson: Justice Party: Former Salt Lake City mayor, Worked with Romney on 2002 Olympics.

All running for president, all on the ballot, all suppressed by our 2 party Dictatorship.

This isn't the super bowl. It's not about having the red or blue team win. We are hiring a leader.
    We have other choices, and we need to examine them too. You should be voting, based on qualifications.

isidewith.com

• Tomtom posted at 8:59 am on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

“Until the Libertarians get a fair shot at the white house, we will continue to spoil elections.”

Is that your patriotic way of telling people you don’t care what happens to them since you can’t get your way?

• Anonymous posted at 7:03 am on Sun, Oct 7, 2012.

Thank you so much for voting for Gary Johnson and spreading the word about voting for the Libertarian candidate. You are helping to split the conservative vote so that my candidate, Obama, can win again. With an Obama win we can further divide the nation, run up more debt, burden everyone with more taxes, destroy our health care system, invite terrorist to vacation in America where they can jihad to their hearts content, etc. We love you CC. Wright on.

• Anonymous posted at 10:07 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

catchme posted at 3:43 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

"Mitt is the lesser of two evils"

A vote for the lesser of two evils, is still a vote for evil.

Vote Libertarian.

• Anonymous posted at 9:53 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

Libertarian candidate is more qualified than Romney. Can't vote for Romney. He's not a good candidate. You want Obama out, vote Libertarian in. There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. Both spend way to much money, both do the same things every 4 years. Bush pushed up the deficit, Obama pushed up the deficit and Romney would do the same thing. Only difference is the names. Until the Libertarians get a fair shot at the white house, we will continue to spoil elections. We should have been in the debates, but were not. Our candidate is already set for 2016. Libertarian party is growing. Lots of Republicans that find the party is not conservative anymore, are coming on with us. Mitt's America is the 1%. Libertarians America is the 100%. You won't get Libertarians to vote for the Republican or Democrat candidates...

• Anonymous posted at 7:14 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

"We the people of the USA should be taking this election all the way and vote with each other."
    So if Obama wins the election and the popular vote those who voted for him are not "we the people of the USA"? That is what is wrong with these people who think if you don't vote my way you are not American. If that was the case why don't we just ask CATCHME who he wants and avoid the voting process? This is people who have self-inflicted offense for people who disagree with them. Just because people vote different doesn't make them less American they you! Have respect for others.

-Free Will

• catchme posted at 3:43 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

catchme Posts: 181

The Lib's will cost a new president to be re-elected. Voting with the Lib's will only take away votes from the only person that can beat O'bama. We the people of the USA should be taking this election all the way and vote with each other. I believe everyone knows what it is going to take in getting O'bama out of the white house. Please do the right thing when you enter the booth to vote. Place your vote where it will count. Mitt is the lesser of two evils in this case but can we as a nation cannot allow O'bama to be our president for another 4 years. I may not like Mitt but will give him my vote cause he is the only one that can but O'bama out. Stick together America!

• Anonymous posted at 3:21 pm on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

Anonymous posted at 3:26

Romney plans to cut education spending 55%. Does that make any sense?

• Anonymous posted at 11:36 am on Sat, Oct 6, 2012.

Anonymous at 2:42

If Romney had a plan, would let us know what he intends to do, things might be different. There is no way I'd vote for him. Why would I vote for someone that will not be clear on his position, clear on the taxes, budget, wars? Cut taxes, not cut taxes?
    Romney is a Vulture Capitalist. He's made a living keeping fine details to himself, and then pulling the plug and profiting from disaster and outsourcing jobs. His work has helped bring the country down. This isn't the man to represent the people of this country. He's openly prejudice. He has no problem offending people, but yet he stumbles and flip flops when asked about issues. Now he flips on the 47 because he's up against the wall. He's desperate. Even his wife worries about his mental health. Vague, Manipulative, Uncertain, not quite what we need to lead.

• Anonymous posted at 5:31 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

-Jan B.
    Without all parties being represented, it's a one way vote. The Dem/Repub Merrie-Go-Round continues.
    The Libertarians will be the spoilers.

• Anonymous posted at 3:34 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

What did you expect? Romney has never stood on anything more than a few weeks. Give him time, he'll gaffe on the 47 again.

• Anonymous posted at 3:26 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

Anonymous posted at 12:51 pm : It is about perspectives. That is why we vote, because we have different perspectives.

Lets take the jobless rate: "Unemployment among whites with bachelor’s degrees was 3.7 percent in September, less than half the national average. Among whites with some college education or with an associate’s degree from a community college, the jobless rate was 6.3 percent, down from 7.8 percent a year earlier and from 8.8 percent two years ago." *businessweek.com http://tinyurl.com/9geh8jz

Now who votes: "Education: No high school 38%, Illiterate 57%, Some high school 43%, High school graduate 57%, College 57%, Some college 66%, Post-graduate 41%, College grad 79%, Post-graduate 84" from wikipedia.org source http://tinyurl.com/9ybfogp

That is why Obama has a slight edge. Those who are more educated has a lower unemployment rate and those are people who vote more often. They have better perspectives.

FYI: Reagan was reelected with a 7.6% unemployment rate*.

-Free Will

• Anonymous posted at 3:15 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

No vote is ever wasted,if you vote with your conscious. if you don't vote at all, you have lost your right to express your opinion.

-Jan B.

• Anonymous posted at 2:42 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

This is a real simple decision. Borrowing from our felonious former Gov, unless Romney is caught in bed with an under aged boy or dead girl, you would have to be suicidal to vote for anyone else (doesn't matter who, they are all votes for Obama).

• Anonymous posted at 2:32 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

I could care less about the debate. Im talking about Romney apologizing last night for calling the 47% what they are! Freeloaders!!! He needs to grow a backbone. I cant vote for a coward.

• Anonymous posted at 1:39 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

Wasting your vote if you do.

• Anonymous posted at 12:51 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

It's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and get two completely different perspectives from it. I also watched the debate, and I was so impressed with Governor Romney. He looked and sounded presidential. He appears to know what he is talking about from experience. President Obama looked lost, completely inept and incompetent. I am switching my vote to Romney. Let's give him a chance. President Obama had 4 years, and we still are in a mess. I don't think that he knows how to fix America's problems.

• Anonymous posted at 12:44 pm on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

I DO! He APOLOGIZED!!! After we SUPPORTED him! All that tough talk! He has no spine! Rush! Hannity! Bill! You all suck!!!

• Anonymous posted at 10:58 am on Fri, Oct 5, 2012.

Who CARES!!!!

-Outraged

Recent comments

Posted 2 hours ago by Anonymous.

article: MORE RV ERROR NEWS

One more time, why would any honest person waste their time to run for any office in this corrupt parish? I will vote for Larry …

More...

Posted 3 hours ago by Anonymous.

article: Who will be the first to drop out?

PoooYeeee, Tomboy, you put all your FOX talking points in 3 post. Now, what you going to talk about? -me

More...

Facebook Fans