Jeanerette elected a new mayor on April 30. Fifty-eight percent of the registered voters turned out to elect a new mayor. This was somewhat better than the 49 percent that voted in the April 2 primary. Still, a pretty disappointing turnout for an election that was so important. The current mayor has been in office since 1999 and also served from 1971 to 1983. The voters had an opportunity to vote in a new fresh candidate, Mr. Lancon, with good vision and plans for improvement. The voters instead, elected someone who had been in the position to make a difference years ago, but did not accomplish much given his past opportunity. Jeanerettte voters took a tiny step forward voting in an experienced man, but took 10 giant steps backward electing Mr. DeClouet who had his chance, but produced little results for Jeanerette. Clueless voters missed the boat AGAIN!
Welcome to the discussion.
- Comments are not verified for accuracy, nor are the identities of users verified, so consider this as you weigh statements or opinions offered.
- Comments will not be posted if they don't show a reasonable attempt to follow basic rules of grammar and punctuation. Text message type abbreviations should be avoided.
- Comments should be civil. You can say someone's ideas are stupid but not say another poster is stupid.
- Comments are reviewed prior to posting by the editors of The Daily Iberian. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
- Set up a user name and permanent commenting screen name or post a comment using the guest feature For either you will be asked to provide an email address but note, there is no verification.